Announcement!!!

Do visit Cindy's Lovely Life too!

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Happy Chap Goh Meh

Chinese New Year is going to end on today - Chap Goh Meh (fifteenth and final day of the Lunar New Year period). Tomorrow will not be a Chinese New Year anymore. We have to wait for another year for the Chinese New Year celebration to happen again.

The traditional mandarin oranges throwing event is a highlight on Chap Goh Meh, whereby those singles throw mandarin oranges with their contact details into the river and hopefully pick up by others. A relationship may start magically with the interaction following that.

I have never attended such event. I am curious about this event. And yet, I have no idea where this event will be held. I know Penang is expecting the annual Chap Goh Meh celebration to be a major tourist attraction. But we got to work! How to travel to Penang for the event? And of course, I don't need to throw mandarin orange (hubby will kill me off if I go ahead to throw one into the river). lol!

May be I shall request the favor from hubby to take a day off to bring me over to Penang to witness such grand celebration. However, it is hard to do so since we already taking many days off during Chinese New Year - my FIL may not like it! So we better don't!

Okay, that's all for now. I'm going to shop for my leather furniture now!

No comments: