Announcement!!!

Do visit Cindy's Lovely Life too!

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Emotional ups and downs

Living our life as a human being is challenging. We are always prepared for all kinds of emotional ups and downs - an inevitable fact of life. Anyhow, we are going to face them and go through them in our daily life without fail.

My friend told me that I'm pessimistic, though I do not agree with that. I'm quite optimistic in fact, just because I have been through a lot of emotional downs during the younger part of my life, I knew that I should keep my head up to face every challenges.

When I was 3 years old, my mom had diagnosis with breast cancer. Ever since that, I am growing up in an environment that fearing my mom's sickness may relapse any time. Every year, my mom will go for a check-up and that was the time when we were worried, fear of getting a bad report. Year after year the check-up went out great, until they (cancerous cells) finally decided to come back for a visit. I was 12 years old by that time. The sickness dragged for another 4 years. My mom had done a great job in the battling, now she is at peace in God's hand.

I was my mom's only child, so the task of taking care her falls on me naturally. I still remember the time when I used to accompany my mom to hospital for surgery or chemotherapy, I used to sit by her bed and sleep by her bed.

I've had to learn independent since my mom passed on. I've grown up wiser than others after all the ups and downs in my life. My friends of my ages are still in their parents' loving nest when I already staying independently on my own.

I'm so lucky that I've met hubby, he had been taking care of me since I'm 16 years old. We have been through a lot indeed. Thank God, I have him. We go everywhere in pair. We been through everything together! I'm so blessed!

No comments: