Announcement!!!

Do visit Cindy's Lovely Life too!

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

I'm old!

Hubby and I went a coffee shop for breakfast this morning. He ordered his fried mee and I went off to order tim sum.

While looking at the food variety, one auntie ask me "What do you want, AUNTIE???" Gosh, when I heard her calling me AUNTIE, I walked away.

I went to the neighbor shop to buy my tim sum instate! How dare you call me auntie while I'm just 25? I'm still young! Though not as young as 18 but not old enough to be called AUNTIE!

I was wondering whether this auntie's eyes having problem? or my look do resemble AUNTIE???

*sad*

4 comments:

Cynthia said...

don't be sad... the aunty don't mean anything.. maybe that's the only English word she knows... :p

翱翔 said...

you post remind me on one funny incident...
my friend and me are going to somewhere and he is driving the car...
suddenly we are lost in the road and he saw a woman on the roadside and stopped by to ask direction...
i saw the woman was a young girl around 20,
but my friend called her "阿姨"in Cantonese...
i laugh of loud just when he drive away...

maybe that aunty wasn't intentionally want to call you "aunty" la...

Reanaclaire said...

it is just courtesy..hehee... sometimes i get ppl called me auntie.. (memang i auntie la) and sometimes ppl call me leng lui.. *pengsan* and at times some called me nyonya, ah soh, ah leng.. ah. ah... whatever..

Cindy said...

Hahaha....actually not really sad la.

Some people do careless in the art of greeting. It's a big no no to a seller! lol